According to a 2016 Trulia poll, nearly a third of millennials who plan to buy a home may be doing so by 2018. Spring is a popular time for selling and buying a home, and we expect that many people—of all generations— will be looking for private, single-family houses.
If you’re thinking about buying a home, you may want to consider buying in the spring. Usually, the spring buying season starts in earnest for home sellers, who may have been contemplating selling their home since the summer or fall. Families tend to move before the beginning of the next school year, and many sellers recognize that this the perfect time to put their homes on the market. Once they start the process of listing their home, it may be April or May.
Most people don’t consider home ownership without first making some important decisions.
· Determine your budget
· Prepare for the mortgage process
· Have financial paperwork ready
· Think about the down payment
· Consider the school district
· Tour the town
· Time your commute
· Start packing
Once you are ready to buy a home, it’s time to decide where you should move.
Many renters think about home ownership in the spring, but may be worried that they won’t be able to afford a home in a great school district, that’s close to where they work, and has shopping and entertainment nearby.
Manufactured home communities across the country offer affordable, three-bedroom, two-bathroom houses that make renters’ home ownership dreams achievable. They feature:
· An Affordable Lifestyle. Imagine buying a home that is as spacious and modern as site-built homes just down the street. Manufactured homes deliver on their promise of reasonable prices in areas with plenty to do. They are spacious, with large kitchens, master bedrooms, and master baths.
· Attractive Locations. Many communities are close to cities, but have a country-like atmosphere. Residents enjoy a quick commute to work and the many dining, shopping, and activities that are nearby.
· Professional Staff. Communities offer 24/7 maintenance service and take care of the grounds year-round. Plus, on-site managers ensure that residents have everything they need.
If you’re thinking of buying a home, but you want affordable options, UMH properties owns more than 100 manufactured home communities in seven states throughout the northeastern United States. Visit our website today at www.umh.com to search our properties and find your dream home.